Ack! SRS light on a RSX

It's a 2002 base RSX. Very cool car, I love it. However it's in the shop for the 3rd time for the srs light coming on for no apparent reason. It started coming on at about 40K, and the first time they couldn't find anything wrong, but said they replaced the control box for the system. The second time they couldn't find anything wrong, so they just reset it. Same thing both times - it runs for about a week of normal driving, then comes back on again.

I'm not really looking for any reasons or help here, just venting. I REALLY hope they fix it for good this time, as my warranty runs out in about 1200 miles, and I don't want to get stuck with a big bill in the near future.

Reply to
Yoda

Yoda wrote in news:2006122620371116807-yoda@Dagobahnet:

Usually the spiral cable goes bad. However...

There are a number of outstanding TSBs for your car having to do with the SRS systems.

What -- specifically -- were the error codes pulled off the SRS light? If you don't know, call the dealership and have them tell you. They owe that to you.

Be quick about this. You've only got 1200 miles.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns98A5E0B9026F3tegger@207.14.116.130:

Some states have Lemon Laws that if you have a recurring problem that the car has to keep going back to the dealer for repairs,they have to fix it even past the warranty period(or replace the car!). You should have gotten a booklet on this when you bought the car.

And any reputable dealer should cover the repair under warranty,as it was brought to their attention long before the warranty was due to expire,and never fixed properly.

This is why it's important to keep service records. (like an aircraft's logbook)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Thanks for the ideas. Got the car back today - they said there were no "hardware error codes", whatever that means. They reset the thing again, and did another test drive, found no problems, and gave it back to me. Deja vu. Oh - they tried to charge me for it, I said no - it was probably an honest error on their part. Hopefully, if the pattern works out normally, the light will come back on in the next 300 miles or so, and I can bug the snot out of them yet again. FWIW, this is a long established reputable acura dealership - this shouldn't be a problem.

Reply to
Yoda

Yet another follow up - this evening, 3 days after getting it "fixed" (for the 3rd time), the srs light came back on. This sucks. I'm going to get it fixed one more time, and trade the thing in for a civic si or something.

Reply to
Yoda

Follow up further - 4th try they replaced a connector to the passenger seat back sensor. It seems to have fixed the thing - 2 weeks and no light yet. Cool!

Reply to
Yoda

Yoda wrote in news:2007011613271816807-yoda@Dagobahnet:

Y'know, these new cars with all their electrical stuff out the wazoo, I sure wouldn't want to own one of them when they're 15 years old.

Reply to
Tegger