disconnect subwoofer for bose?

A4 99.5QTM
Can anyone tell me how I can disconnect or adjust the subwoofer on the bose stereo. I have the base set at -5 but I still get too much base coming from
the subwoofer! Clasical music is okay, but if I play certain music like Madonna vogue then I get serious thumping coming from the rear!!! I do not wish to apear like a 32 year old playing a boom box!
Thanks everyone
Darren

Which head does your A4 have? The Symphony head has a hidden equalizer that many have used to reduce "Bose bass boom" (<= say that 5 times quickly ;-) Don't know if the Concert head has the same feature.
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd