Gigantic bulging noses..

On the new Audis. Saw them in the new Car and Driver. Really ugly. The (removable) antenna lumps on the roofs turned me off partway, but the new Giganto-Grilles has completely cured me of any remainng Audi
lust. Bye, Audi.
<< On the new Audis. Saw them in the new Car and Driver. Really ugly. >>
This batch of Audis seems to be suffering from what the Mustangs have long suffered from: they're not photogenic. I saw the new body for the Mustang and did not like it. Not at all. Saw one in person and my opinion of it changed (it's still a Ford, I'd never buy it). The same thing with the new A6. I saw pictures of the new backend and commented how it looked like a Saturn. Now that I've seen it, I have to say that I do like it.
And yes, I do like the new grill. Makes the car look meaner, gives it more personality. When you see one of them coming up in your mirrors, you know it's an Audi.
<< The (removable) antenna lumps on the roofs turned me off partway >>
They're better with the '05 than the '04. Which were better than the previous years with the rooftop antennas.
Peter Smith

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new huge grills either. Although, like the other poster mentioned, they do look better in person. The new A6 looks pretty good in black, IMO. Since the grill is black also, it doesn't stand out so much.
It'll take some time getting used to it. I remember first seeing the B6 A4 - I thought it looked horrible and I quickly ran out and grabbed one of the last B5 A4s. Now, after a few years, I still don't like the B6 all that much, but I don't mind it either. :-)
No offence to anyone. Afterall we're different people and we like different things. It's all personal preference.
Cheers,
Pete
Pete wrote:

I happen to like the new A6 and A3 styling, but I gotta agree with you on the A4 - the B5 A4 was one of the best-looking cars ever, truly classic styling, and the B6 was just messing with perfection.
-- Mike Smith
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:53:38 -0500, Mike Smith

I like my B6 and the B7(?) looks better. I kind of wish I had waited til next spring for the '05. Thre rear end looks a bit nicer on the B7 also.
When I first saw the A6 grille I thought: Chrysler. But like others, when seeing it a couple of more times in pics and for real, not so bad. The B7 A4 looks better than the A6 though.
<< ...and the B7(?) looks better. >>
The B7 is what the B6 should have been. It would not surprise me if the B7 was the original design for the B6, but Audi didn't feel that radical of a change would fly.
Peter Smith
Peter Smith wrote:

Looking at some pictures of the B7 now... enh. The B5 was still better-looking.
-- Mike Smith