immobilizer

I have had my A4 1.8TS for 10 months, i have recently had problems with the immobilizer going of after i have locked the car. As the car is six years old i have no warranty.People at the local dealership totaly
unhelpfull, so if you guys in cyberland could give me some glues i would be gratefull
You'll need a VAG tool to diagnose each key and related parts within the Immobilizer system.
1. Key or keys 2. Instrument cluster (gateway to the Immobilizer) 3. ECM (responding to the Immobilizer) 4. Reading coil (at the key) 5. Transponder (with the key)
At address 17, Instrument cluster and with the Key On only. read the data in 022, 023, and 024.
That will at least be a good beginning. Getting the entire autoscan will narrow the focus to one or more controllers. Remember, information is transferred via CAN and the "K" line. In other words, those systems must be healthy.
--
Ecmbuster