rolling windows up with key?

Page 2 of 2

'Our' electric windows simply don't have enough power to decapitate. I doubt any have. Try stopping one with your hand to prove this. Strangle a child, possibly.
--
*Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies *

marco wrote:

yea... i am still trying to figure this one out.... if you stand on a switch, which means you are pressing down, it should lower the window... and the second thing... whats a 2 y.o. doing standing in vehicle ????

With a *rocker* switch, which is what BMW used to use (the current ones are rockers, too, but not hinged in the middle), pressing down on one end lowers the window and pressing on the other end raises it.
FloydR
rhalljr wrote:

I'm on my 3rd BMW and they all are the same. You *can* close them if you put the key in the door, turn it, and hold it. It can't be done remotely unless there is some programming magic the dealer can perform.
Dan
Up press and hold "lock"
Down press and hold "unlock"
may not work in your jurisdiction.

I've got a 2001 330Ci e46. I can OPEN the windows with the remote by pushing and holding the unlock button. To close them you have to physically use the key in the door, turn to LOCK and HOLD until the windows close. It doesn't work with just the remote.
--

thepixelfreak