Key stuck in ignition

My buddy has a '94 Camaro that has the ignition key stuck in the ignition. It won't turn all the way off, and we can't get it out.
Can someone tell me how you get the ignition out of the column with
out doing expensive damage?
Thanks! Jeff N. Cantwell Downtown Little Rock
NRA, ARPA, Libertarian '86, '91 300zx 2+2
are you in "park"?