Finding Code B2956

Hey Guys and Gals, I know this isn't a truck, but I am trying to find info on this code or any other info.. We are trying to get some bugs out of my sisters '97 malibu, we took it to a guy here in town to have it looked at as it was having ABS, Theft, rough idle and some other little problems.. well the guy we took it to ended up telling us he couldn't fix it.. but he reset the codes and the lights went off and everything seems fine for now.. well knowing they will most likely come back on, I took it to my mechanic friend whom I trust. well since dumb nut reset the codes we don't know what the heck the ABS is doing and we can't make it throw any codes now. but we did find this one Code - B2965 which is.

DTC B2965 - Key In Ignition Fault

My friend is going to look through some books to see if he can find out what this is exactly.. and my searching on the internet hasn't told me much. So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what this code is or can offer any other info..

Thanks!

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Bobo

What if it doesn't have remote start?

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Dude if it aint broke, dont fix it......Like bobo said, drive it, if the light comes back on then scan it. :)

Reply to
Scott M

I agree, but the whole point of us trying to fix it is because my sister is out of town on a business trip and these problems come up out of no where and catch her by surprise, then she either ends up with a car that wont start for 10mins, a car thats idling really rough or a car that has the ABS light and some buzzer dinging at her.. It just doesn't make her feel right..

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Reply to
Bobo

to be honest I don't about the remote start, my sister bought the car a few years ago and was never informed of that.. plus no remorte.. and i've never seen any extra components to go along with a remote start.. I don't know what you mean by monitor the passlock data in the bcm but i will ask him.. we've been messing around with it on a Tech II scanner and so far we can't find anything useful out..

It's told us about the B2956 plus something about a ABS wheel speed sensor.. but it only throws that code if you are in a ABS situation and turn left..

none of them seem to be related.. as far as ABS and the Theft system go.. but the no starting/theft system, might be.. not sure where the rough idle would fall in..

Thanks guys..

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Hi!

Isn't there a body module or computer on these cars? I know I've heard stories of such things going bad and causing all sorts of bad behavior.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Reply to