Late model fullsize 1/2 ton, 6-lug to 5-lug conversion

I had a 1999 V6 S10 Xtreme, didn't like it's pokey performance, got rid of it. I would like to try a new fullsize 1/2 ton Chevy or GMC or maybe a Colorado, but what's with the 6-lug wheels? This means I'm limited in what kind of wheels I can put on the truck.

I want American Torq-Thrust IIs, but any wheel I want has to have 5 spokes and 5-lugs (6-spoke wheels just don't cut it for me). Can I swap out the rear axles and front hubs for some 5 lug units? Or how about having the hubs re-drilled for 5-lug?

If I can't get this done cheap, I'll have to look at the Dodge trucks again, or maybe just get by with my dependable Toyota truck. What was Chevy/GMC thinking when they decided to go to 6-lug for 1/2 ton pickups?

(I know, the Colorado sport comes with 5 spoke wheels, but they're still 6 lug, so I can't swap em out for what I want.)

Reply to
Billy

George

A machine shop can easily do that for u. I just did the rearend in my hotrod, I ordered the wrong rims 5 bolts on 4.5" but I used a chevy 5 on

4.75 small bolt pattern. worked fine.
Reply to
mathijs derks