2004 PT cruiser anti-lock brake question

I just replaced the front pads and rotors on my 2004 PT cruiser, and I just took it for a test drive. Something definitely isn't right. I've done disc brake jobs many times, but this is the first time on this vehicle. The brake pedal actually moves up and down when I stop. I've never actually experienced the anti-lock brake functioning, but it feels like it might be stuck on if this is even possible. I have no brake warning lights on the dash, and nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe I screwed something up when I pushed the caliper piston back to make room for everything. I took the lid off the brake fluid resevoir and took some out to make room, then pushed the pistons back, while watching the fluid to make sure it didn't overflow. Any thoughts? I just tried disconnecting the battery for a while, hoping (probably vainly, I know) that it might resolve something, but I haven't reconnected it yet.

Reply to
Johnny Virgil

Never mind. It was a warped rotor. Chinese crap.

Reply to
Johnny Virgil

Rephrase that-

Mexican crap. PT is built Mexico, or was the part made in China? LOL!

Reply to
pe2

Either the rotos(s) aren't seated properly on the hub (lump of rust, etc.) or one of 'em is defective (warped).

Not an ABS problem..

Reply to
Richard Ehrenberg