300 m 2001

Bad smell in heater, this is the second year ,I think it might smell a little like plastic? but I don't know, it just stinks. Any ideas?

Reply to
Fiberman

Check under the vehicle for plastic stuck to the exhaust melting

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

If it's not what Glenn said, then it's probably either (1) mold/mildew growing in the a.c. evaporator (spray Lysol of product specially made for this problem available in the auto parts stores) or (2) the evaporator is leaking refrigerant (a common failure in all the LH cars - replace evaporator - dash has to be removed - labor $$).

Bill Putney

$$$$$

Chrysler replaced my '95 Concord's evaporator three times, the last time just before the 7 yr Chrysler extension of the warranty for this part. Still OK after 4.5 yrs on the last one. The cost was very high, glad I didn't pay one cent, thanks to Chrysler.

I've decided if it fails again I won't fix it, would probably cost 50% of what the car is now worth. Here A/C is only needed a few weeks each year in the summer although it's very effective in clearing inside window fogging in our damp winters.

Reply to
Some O