Queston on Infinity Speakers in a 99 Intrepid

Hey just wondering I asked a question earlier about the speakers in a

99 Intrepid with the Infinity systerm. Does anyone know what speaker ratings are, Wattage and what not. And with replacing the speakers in the front door, Does the Amp thats in the door stock be able to stay our would I have to replace the amp and what would be some recommened Watt to look at. I'm not looking for anything super top of the line, but something decent that can handle a little higher volume if you konw what I mean.
Reply to
BLamberts

In General, the Infinity speakers have a built-in crossover in them.

In both an LHS and a Grand Voyager, I have replaced the door speakers with MB Quart speakers. They were bi-amp speakers, i.e. they could be set up so the woofer and tweeter were separate.

In the Voyager, i also replaced the rear speakers with aftermarket Infinity speakers. This was tricky, since there are 4 wires to the speaker, and 2 connections ON the speaker. I tapped into the two center connections and it seems to work; in fact, it sounds AWESOME!

I would go with at least a 65W speaker for any replacement. I believe the amp is either 20 or 40W per channel. If you go with 100-120W speakers, you'll have no problems.

Reply to
Hachiroku