Reading PCM Error Codes on 2001 Neon

The engine light on my 2001 Neon (2002 model, I think) came on this morning. I can't seem to use the ignition switch trick to read the error code(s). Do I need to use a diagnostic reader?

Reply to
Rick

I borrowed a code scanner and the code was P0455, so I'm not sure how the engine light could flash that one. BTW it turned out to be a loose gas cap.

Reply to
Rick

hmm try holding the odo button in while turning car to run.

Reply to
Punch