Trans clunk in 01 PT

Yesterday I had my trans serviced, drained and a new filter. Today there's a clunk when I brake and it shifts down from 2nd to 1st. They said to bring it in tomorrow and they'd replace the filter. Could it be something else????

Bud

Reply to
BudE

WHo did the service? Did they use the right chrylser fluid? Accept no substitutes and no additives.

Reply to
Art

1) Where did you have it serviced?

2) What specific kind of fluid did they use? 2a) Are you sure? 2a1) How do you know?

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Definitely need this info

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

Reply to
BudE

Certainly you know *where* it was serviced. Dealer? Tranny shop? Independent general mechanic? If dealer, I would certainly hope they used ATF+4 - they generally do. If it was done anywhere else, your chances of getting the correct fluid is probably 15% or worse.

Bill Putney

Reply to
BudE

Just change it again with +4 fluid and you should be OK.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Usually the wrong fluid takes time to do damage.

Reply to
Art

It definitely needs to be changed at least one more time since you cannot get all the fluid out.

Reply to
Art

My dealer added +4 and an additive the first time I had it changed in my 01 Cruiser. It just did not shift right and I got my money back. Once I changed it again, without additive, the shift returned to its normal state.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

I don't understand why dealers insist on sticking in an extra $6 additive that may damage a car and is not recommended by Chrysler. Mine does the same unless you insist otherwise. I don't believe it can be the $6. I think they are truely convinced by sales reps who hawk the garbage that it works.

Reply to
Art