C3 Cable cat ate it!

Just wondering can anyone tell me what a cable is for. A cat was chewing cables in the engine. The cable that has been chewed. I have no idea what its for but the car seems to work ok. I am just worried something major
will happen.
When opening hode there is a cable. One end has a green plastic end and is pluged into another connection the other end looks like a spark plug and is srewed down into the engine.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Could be the lead to the oxygen sensor. If damaged the car will run but with an incorrect fuel/air mixture, reducing efficiency and increasing fuel consumption.
JPG

Add pictures here
‚úĖ