European breakdown cover

Hi Folks,

I'm planning a little jaunt to abroad (Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany) in the DS in May. Just in case she has a problem (In a DS? Surely not?), I'd like to get some breakdown cover arranged. Can anyone recommend a good organisation? As I recall, AA and RAC can get a bit shifty eyed when it comes to classic cars abroad.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

ISTR it's included in my Footman James insurance policy?

Reply to
Chris Bolus

: >I'm planning a little jaunt to abroad (Netherlands, Belgium, France, : >Germany) in the DS in May. Just in case she has a problem (In a DS? : >Surely not?), I'd like to get some breakdown cover arranged. Can : >anyone recommend a good organisation? As I recall, AA and RAC can get : >a bit shifty eyed when it comes to classic cars abroad.

: ISTR it's included in my Footman James insurance policy?

Hmm. Thinks ... yes, the DS is insured with Footman James too. But is the service any good? I'm slightly dubious about these "free" breakdown services, on the you-get-what-you-pay-for principle ...

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

From experience of having to use them while travelling around France on a bike, these 'free' services are provided by the usual suspects. As the brokers can negotiate rather large bulk discounts, they can then offer the service "free", which of course it isn't.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yes, the service is excellent. I've not a breakdown, but I did get some prat who smashed into my Ford a couple of years ago in Italy. The FJ team sorted everything out no hassle, including recovery to a garage for repairs.

Reply to
Steve Firth

: Ian Johnston wrote: : : > Hmm. Thinks ... yes, the DS is insured with Footman James too. But is : > the service any good? I'm slightly dubious about these "free" : > breakdown services, on the you-get-what-you-pay-for principle ... : : Yes, the service is excellent. I've not a breakdown, but I did get some : prat who smashed into my Ford a couple of years ago in Italy. The FJ : team sorted everything out no hassle, including recovery to a garage for : repairs.

Thanks for that. I'll ring FJ and check whay cover I have ...

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston