Re: Buying cellulose paint for respray

Firstly, would you PLEASE stop posting upside down and failing to trim? There is a helpfile in my sig.

I have made up a spray booth inside my garage with steel wire "rails" and tarpaulin sheets which can be drawn like curtains. I use bulldog type clips to hold the corners together. The dust can be minimised by hosing the curtains down and allowing to dry. The paint seems to stick well to the tarpaulin so there are no bits of paint floating about the place.

Yellow seems to be a magnet for insects, I sprayed the Kitten's bonnet outside and within seconds. it was awash with greenfly like you have never seen! The same happened when I put another panel outside to harden off.

Reply to
Andy Luckman

Of course the things would be somewhat ruined by using it for spraying but could be an easy alternative to masking up the whole garage! Does it already have sides? Then again if it's the type that has a frame and separate cover you could just use the frame and some polythene and duct tape to fashion a disposable cover - ahhh duct tape, now we're talking engineering! Just excuse me whilst I disappear into flights of fancy .........

[snip]

Even in a professional spray painting environment the air hoses can still be a real problem, Especially when using a pressure feed system which uses two hoses (one for the paint delivery and the other for air).

This happened to me while spraying a Rolls Royce at their factory when a hose become trapped in the sluice grid and the whole vehicle had to be re-worked after a powerful jet of paint shot across the boot, roof and bonnet just as I was finishing the last few strokes across the boot.

With the pressure feed system you're constantly pulling and yanking at the hoses just to keep them at bay and because a hose got caught in the grid turned into an expensive rectification. ;)

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull