Tin worm problems

Hi got tin worm along the bottom of my boot lid. I ground out the rust filled the depressions put on Kur Rust & a coat of primer. The bloody rust is creeping through already What the hell did I do wrong this time? other times have been ok. It is on my Morris Oxford MO 1953

-- East Coast Nature Guides Lowestoft Suffolk. enquires to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

Quite often the only solution is to cut out all the damaged metal and replace with new.

Reply to
SteveH

You only did the outside. Serious rust usually starts on the inside of a panel where the paint is poor or non existent. Removing it on the outside only is a very short term 'fix'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Annoying isn't it! If it is just surface rust I'm afraid you'll have to send some money buying/hiring a 'small area' air compressor gritblast gun, it's the only way of geting into the depressions properly. Found this out the hard way many times, I bought the gun unit so that I can be sure of it's condition and I hire the compressor when required.

Ken

Reply to
Ken