Tires tires tyres

I had an '88 auto equipped with Goodyear then with replacement Dunlops
The Dunlops provided really good traction and the cornering was far superior to the Goodyears. It really took a lot of effort to spin the
tires with the Dunlops and the car turned top times in the quarter.
I now have an '00 convertible standard with 20,000 kms on it. Original tires and they will lose traction easily. Granted there is a difference in horse power and it is a standard but wow what a difference in tires.
The runflats will be history when I need to replace them.
The car would look just super with chrome wheels (currently has painted wheels) Any suggestions on the best way to go to replace the wheels and tires.