'08 Dakota 4.7

Page 2 of 3
A gallon is a measurement of volume, not weight. A gallon of water weighs 128oz. A gallon of gasoline weighs slightly less.

Yes, but a gallon of gasoline occupies 128 oz. An ounce is both a measure of weight and volume (the fluid ounce). 16oz. to 1lb. and 16oz. to 1pint.
Gasoline weighs about 25% less than water: water=8.33lb./gallon gasoline=approx. 6.3lb/gallon (varies depending on blend)
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Anyone that frequently uses different units of measure may want to download this free conversion utility for Windows. http://joshmadison.com/software/convert
It's a small applet that runs from any directory you put it in. It can be downloaded alone or with the installer but that probably isn't necessary for most people.
--
Ken

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:28:19 -0500, Nosey wrote:

But not all of us runs M$ Windows =)
how ya been Ken?
--
Chris

Christopher D. Thompson wrote:

It'll run on your penguin with wine.
I quit working a few months ago so I'm retired again. I felt like I was wasting my time doing DOT inspections. The night shift hours were horrible. With the commute time I was gone from home about 14-1/2 hours a day. You know how the 2-2-3 schedule works. I would have stayed if they could move me to the tractor shop but they wouldn't do it until a position opened up. With the downsizing that wasn't going to happen any time soon. People are leaving but they won't open any positions to replace them. After I left they didn't replaced me either. They had to pull a trailer mechanic from another shop to cover the inspection lanes on my shift. I think they want to close that terminal but they won't tell anyone.
Did you ever use the stacks that I gave you?
--
Ken

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:14:30 -0500, Nosey wrote:

Yes i know how that is, the 2 2 3 schedule can be a killer. glad your retired now ya got time to play. we have discussed a get together on the other forum maybe we can actually get one of those together here this spring maybe. let the holidays get a little further behind us though i think.
unfortunately the 05 met a ill fate before that project ever came together, but i now have a 96 f350 that's looking like it'll need some exhaust work sooner or later. if i dont decide to use them on this truck i may just wind up offering them up to someone else that wants them...i'll have to think about it and see how that plays out.
--
Chris

Christopher D. Thompson wrote:

Didn't you move to Kentucky?
--
Ken

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:19:27 -0500, Nosey wrote:

Not as of yet, but that's still in the works.
--
Chris

We'll have to do the N.GA chapter get-together before you leave. Steve (Full Pull) called me about a week ago. He's still in NH but he keeps talking about moving to Roswell. He's afraid of moving here right now because of the drought.
--
Ken

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:10:51 -0500, Nosey wrote:

tell him to bring the rain along and he'll be alright LOL.
well have to figure out a kinda central location for everyone to meet. maybe a ryans or something in atlanta? i dont know, you know that part of the state better than i do.
--
Chris

Christopher D. Thompson wrote:

There's guys in Dalton, Canton, Cartersville, Ellijay, Roswell, and that guy who got rid of his Dodge that lives in Warner Robbins. You can invite him if you want. Everyone is north of Atlanta except him. I don't have the space at my place to host anything. It'll have to be someone else hosting or we could meet at a park somewhere. Red Top Mountian on Lake Allatoona? http://www.gastateparks.org/info/redtop /
--
Ken

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:23:58 -0500, Nosey wrote:

OUCH!!!

That'd be alright with me but isnt Allatoona a mud hole? *cheezy grin*
--
Chris

I haven't been over there in a long time. I suspect it's a dust bowl. I think it fills up quick in the warmer months but because the lake is so low the boat ramps are closed. That might make it easier to get reservations. I think it would be a good idea to do it where there is enough space that we won't bother anyone else and have camping available for anyone that wants to stay overnight. I'm open to other suggestions.
--
Ken

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 17:05:27 -0500, Nosey wrote:

nawww sounds good to me, run it by the others and lets see if we cant find a date open that'll work. im off this weekend so ya know how to figure schedules from there. i need a couple of weeks to get caught back up with the $$$ been out of work for 3 weeks on medical leave and the short term disability pay out was a JOKE.
--
Chris

Aren't your dog weekends Fri, Sat, and Sun? Mine were Sat, Sun, and Mon. Red Top is having a meet and greet with the rangers next Sunday (20th). I think you are working that day. It sounds like it's going to be like an open house ($3 parking fee). They are supposed to have literature and info for 63 state parks available. It would have been a great opportunity for you to come check out the park and see exactly what they have to offer. I hate trying to make arrangements over the phone without knowing what is being reserved.
--
Ken

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:01:49 -0500, Nosey wrote:

yes i have to work sunday the 20th and you are right about my long weekends being fri sat sun.
--
Chris

Sorry about misquoting you, Tom.
--
Ken

Iman, when folks are talking about miles per gallon, it is typical to talk about distance per volume. The 128oz Abby refered to were "fluid ounces", not Avoirdupois, Apothecaries or Troy ounces. There are 29.573 milliliters to the fluid ounce.
FMB (North Mexico)

there are some folks here with a serious "get a life" deficit. If they were handed a couple of lives they would still need to get one more just to break even. geezz
17 to 20 mpg and that's with a full Banks kit almost 500 HP. The best mileage occurs on rural roads, not on the freeways. The truck is about as aerodynamic as an outhouse. Steve