4-Runner anybody have one?

I'm curious anybody have the 4-Runner Toyota truck? What's your experience, how does it drive, highway etc. like to hear comments.

Reply to
dbu`

My friend had a 4Runner, and my son-in-law has a PreRunner (same chassis and engine combinations) and both are pretty good on the road. Personally, I would like the PreRunner to have a manual transmission, but none is available unless you get the 4WD package, but then it isn't a PreRunner anymore.

My friend had an older (well, it's older now, but she bought it new) 4Runner that had a manual trans, and she liked it better than the later model one (same chassis as my son's PreRunner) that has an automatic. Both my son and my friend have the V6 motor. I can't say what the fuel mileage is, but I think that 15 mpg is going to be close.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Had a 1997 and 2001 4Runner. Great vehicles. Gas mileage not so great. Did not need the truck chassis. Transferred to a 2007 Highlander that has better ride and mileage. Also more reasonably priced.

Vito

Reply to
uncle_vito