2007 Dodge

Today July 10th , I was out doing some shopping. I got back in my truck and a engine symbol was lite up on the dash. I checked the oil and all the fluids, everything was okay. My truck has 50,000 miles and runs
strong. Can someone give me some advice as to what I should check to make the lite turn off. thanks
--
djaameyers
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q 07+dodge+truck+engine+symbol+light
djaameyers wrote:

Could be literally anything that sets a code. Depending on which truck and engine this should work. Start with the key OFF, Turn the key ON (not start just ON),Then OFF, ON, OFF, Now ON and leave it on. Now look in the odometer window and it should display the stored code. It will read something like PXXXX with the x's replaced with the code(s) stored. If there is more than one code there will be a small delay between them, once the last stored code is displayed the display will read PDONE telling you it is finished. Turn the key OFF.
Post the codes you get with the Make-Model-Engine-Trans- Also any modifications.
--
Steve W.