Difference between 8' bed and dually

I need a replacement bed for my 2000 dually. I found a perfect 8' bed from a 1994 1500 at a great price. The tailgate on my dually was better than the
one from the 1500 but when I tried it it didn't fit. The 1500 tailgate was wider at the top. I noticed that replacement tailgates for a dually and a swr bed have different part numbers. My question is will the 1500 bed bolt to my dually with no problem? Is the only difference the tailgate opening? Thanks, Ed