Difference between 8' bed and dually

I need a replacement bed for my 2000 dually. I found a perfect 8' bed from a

1994 1500 at a great price. The tailgate on my dually was better than the one from the 1500 but when I tried it it didn't fit. The 1500 tailgate was wider at the top. I noticed that replacement tailgates for a dually and a swr bed have different part numbers. My question is will the 1500 bed bolt to my dually with no problem? Is the only difference the tailgate opening? Thanks, Ed
Reply to
ed