I've a thought.

didnt get to play with they AR? man thats just wrong. get your butt off that chair and go blow the hell out of something! *grin*

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Ah, fur face I knew you'd show up.

All work and no play makes for a skinny rabbit, can't have that can we. I'd suggest a few 30 round mags and 1,000 rounds and go play for a bit. Did you get a scope and bi-pod on that puppy yet? That'll get you out to 300 yards anyway.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Got the scope, a Weaver 1.5x. Real men don't need bi-pods to hit something!!!!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

And that's just what I did after my last post. Three hours at the range does wonders for my mood...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I figure you'll be at 6" at 100 maybe 3" with 3 rounds without. After a couple of hundred rounds you'll be happy you have one.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

And the best part is that she likes me. I've been putting in some long hours in the Deere the last couple of weeks and critter has spent a few hours riding with me. She hasn't grasped the concept of steering yet but she tries hard. Maybe next year........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I'm thinking I can hit your fat ass at 1000 with one eye closed.... I got a bipod on the .220 Swift that I go hogging with. Ya just can't beat a good bipod when sitting out in the middle of a 30 acre field. I'm starting to get comfortable with the Springfield but I sure need more practice with double taps. My second shot is always high and right a few inches. Guess I'll just need to burn more ammo.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

At 1000? Hell you can't see that far with a scope.

I had the same problem with the Sig 239/357, second was a little high to the left. Changed to the 40SW barrel and was nuts on. Ya might want to try some different ammo in it. What are you useing?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Winchester white box and Remington green box. Also tried a couple of mags of Federal Hydra-shocks. I'm telling ya, the Federals are loaded a little hotter than the other brands of range ammo..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

good! thats something i need to do myself. havent gone out and blew off some steem in quite a few months.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

I used the wwb and the accuracy was a bit off with the AR, been using Federal American Eagle in it and found it to be much better. On the other hand, the hand guns all eat up the wwb with no apparent difference. Of course am not going out as far.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I'm glad to see you carrying on the fine Midwestern tradition of teaching kids to drive tractors. BG

Now if they will learn to not talk on a cell phone while doing it. . . .

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Welcum back, Wabbit.... Does she spell Bud with one or two "d"s? Mac

mac davis

I think he meant for the bunny-belly, not the rifle...

Mac

mac davis

hmm... educate me, Denny.... I thought double-taps were just for killing PEOPLE??

Mac

mac davis

In Utah, it can be spelled "Budd", "Bud", or "(G)/U814*([x]Y)=TOIHBFKACC"*

;^D

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I shoot in a couple of leagues that is similar to idpa shooting. A lot of the scenario's involve shooting at cardboard cut-outs of the bad guy(s) coming in the door/window/holding hostages ect. Most of the stages are 6 shots at 3 targets against the clock so getting good at double taps really helps the score.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Don't you have some old people stuff to do???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Wait a minute....I talk on the phone when working ground.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

That would be two "d"s.