Lets Start a GAS WAR

Page 3 of 3

Well, the author of the website says conservation won't matter... any advances in conservation & efficiency will cause us to consume more and total oil usage will continue to rise. It also states that hybrid cars production is very oil- and energy- intensive, and in fact offsets any savings made in decreased fuel consumption.
What really bothers me is that there's simply no way our energy needs can be satisfied without oil... unless there is a breakthrough in nuclear fusion or something like that.
Peter

That is because this author is to put it simply, FULL OF SHIT. How does it really take any more oil to produce a hybrid vehicle than a standard one and over the life of the vehicle, it will use less petroleum products than a conventional one. As for conservation, how could it have no effect? If you use less, it lasts longer and there is no magic about that. He is trying to mix conservation with efficiency and they are two very different things.

be
or
Actually, the real answer is that there is no simple way to satisfy our energy needs without oil, not that there is no way but lets get something clear, there is a big difference between our actual needs and what we actually use and waste..

Well, a hybrid vehicle is certainly more resource-intensive to produce... hence the cost. I tend to agree that the website mentioned above is full of crap, but they do have a couple of valid points...

Of course! I'd estimate we use 60-70% of our resources (money) to buy things we do not really need. Now, try to go out and explain this to average Joe! I seriously believe there's some civil unrest on the way...
btw I hope I'm wrong...
Peter
Come to the Demecratic Republic of Washington State. We will gladly provide you with Regular at 2.40 avg (2.35 to 2.60) or diesel at 2.75avg. And this is where the State Legislature is saying we need another 15 cents a gallon gas tax.
So come on up and enjoy.
I think that I will stay right here at $1.99 (for now anyway) if you don't mind.

Wow... it's working already! Keep up the good work, guys!!!
(yeah, yeah... I know.... :)
snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com wrote:

Not here in Phoenix. Its still going up. Average is about $2.38 but I saw one station at $2.55 this morning.