My 2003 truck is rusting

Page 2 of 4
On 8/11/05 3:11 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, "Mike

No, gonna keep the dodge. dale

with
Because like I said Mike, an independant shop does not have the DC name on the sign outside and is not normally authorized to make warranty repairs nor does it have the ability to sell new DC vehicles.

thick
dealer
Well good for you but what does this have to do with anything? I already said that DC was not financially obligated to correct non authorized dealer fuckups but they are or at least should be morally obligated to help the customer when one of their representatives screws up. Even if they don't pay for it themselfs, they should put pressure on the dealership that caused the problem to take care of it or at least make it look that way to the customer.

aftermarket
IOW, they will not be held financially responsible and I already said that but the point is that they are still responsible for their own reputation and that comes from their dealer network. If they choose not to do so, then they should expect to lose customers. Perhaps that is why they could never get past #3, if they are still even that high.

Once again, this is a financial liability they are protecting themselves from and not the point of the argument.

who
LOL, I am still waiting for you to make a point about what I said or are you confused? I said that a dealership is different than an independent because the dealership is connected to the manufacturer and the level of expectation of the customer will be higher at a dealership. This is the case whether you like it or not.

Even if I do buy a Ford (a much better looking truck), I will not leave. You would all miss me far to much :-)

Nobody is leaving this newsgroup, I locked the damn door and no one is going till all the beer is gone :))

Tbone, you have said that very well. Damn, should hire you as my lawyer and take dodge city to small claims court. :))))

them.
and
reality,
shame
work
service
and
LOL, thanks Dale.

What is considered "aftermarket"? I went in and spec'ed a couple of trucks online and there were several "factory" options available with notes that said "shipped with the vehicle for dealer installation." For example, nerf bars on a GM truck (Oh, leave me alone, I was just looking ;-)
If the dealer is installing factory shipped items, are they covered under the original vehicle warranty at any dealership?
And another question: Undercoating! This is a cash cow for a dealer. I have seen where undercoating will void a rust-through warranty because it may leave "pockets" where salt and other stuff can be trapped. But if the dealer does the undercoating prior to delivery, how would that affect my rust-through warranty?
Greg

Yeah:)) and I own Jd equipment, combine, 3 tractors, weed wacker, Jd battery chargers, cordless drills, flashlites, swather, use Jd oil, filters, batteries, my dog has a john deere leash, etc. etc.
and if anyone scratches my Jd 4440 tractor Iwill kick them in the nuts:))))

That's because you don't read...

Now - tell me how that doesn't sound like he's going to trade his truck in on an '05 SD.

So you think DC authorized the installation of some aftermarket fender trim? And if they didn't authorize it, then the dealership was acting independently, weren't they? Just like a dealer that installs a performance chip on a truck (and there are dealers that do that). Try getting DC to pay for engine damage with an aftermarket performance box on it, if you didn't go back to the installing dealer.

Yeah - part of their business is. But not EVERYTHING they do is backed by the manufacturer. Hell, I've seen GM/Ford trucks in my Dodge dealer's service department. Obviously, they're not representing DC when working on those vehicles - so why should this situation be different?

I don't really care if you agree or not, Tom... I'm telling you the way it is (and Mike, who DOES THIS FOR A LIVING, is telling you the same thing)... the fact that you choose to ignore it and substitute your view of reality is, well... you.

If DC didn't authorize them to install those trim pieces (and I'm 99.99% sure they did not), then how can you hold DC responsible? Dealerships are INDEPENDENT from the manufacturer. Yes, they but product from the manufacturer, sell that product, and perform factory-authorized service on said product. DC specifically disclaims responsibility for any damage caused by the installation of non-authorized parts (read your warranty manual), and this is exactly the situation here. The dealership did the install, so THEY are responsible for the results - NOT DC.

I'm not saying I support the way they handled it, either... I'm just not naive enough to expect anything different.

Not to install non-factory parts, they didn't.... that's the part you're ignoring here.

Damn! Couldn't have said it better myself. Just because he doesn't agree, that makes it reality.... jeesh... I dunno why I waste my time...
Mike

jeez Tom, are you having the same problem with Tbone that everyone else has? Well, thats because its YOU/US, not him, WTF are you thinking?

Tbone rejects reality and substitutes his own, just like mythbuster Adam.
I'd just like to be a fly on the wall when Tbone hears this line, "I'm not fixing it because its your problem." His HUD would immediately display a list of culpable subjects, listed in order of availability. None of these would be "ME".
A quick right click and a mid screen list of options such as "Blame", "point at", "indictate", "insinuate," would drop down from the subject, and a quick selection would allow him to place a degree of agression towards the subject. Once selected, the subject would have subheadings to choose from, one being "main issue", another being "diversion issue", and of course "off topic entirely". In order of selection, each one would be either the main tactic or a side tactic, and a neat little graphic with several buttons on it for quick selection would appear. Each button would be labelled so he could insert the topics at will.
Across the bottom would be four big buttons, "opposition is full of shit, but I'm not sure how", "Sexual innuendo" (a pop up with selection buttons "hetero", "homo" "your mama" "your girlfriend/wife" would appear, with confirming buttons "OK" or "NOT OK, BUT DO IT ANYWAY" at the bottom) "Spin" (pop up with "Shaken" "stirred" "aw fuck, what did I say anyway?", with "OK" and "Do it now before I feel like an ass" at the bottom) and of course, "back pedal at warp factor ten Mr. Sulu".
Ok, ran out of ideas, I'm hungry. Just remember, its US, not him, and everything in his little world will be AAAAAA friggin OK!!!
--
Max

On 8/10/05 5:10 PM, in article WPvKe.3841$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, "Tom Lawrence"

Listen Tom: I talked about chipping the truck, the same dealer said not to do it and there be no warranty if something goes wrong. I had no problem with that.
But when I bought wheel well trims, from them along with running boards, floor mats, bug screens, truck box mat, mud flaps, tailgate cap, door sills trim, door edge guards and a locking gas cap.
THEY NEVER TOLD ME: Look Dale, yeah we will install these for you if you like, but you know those wheel well trims could give you problems later if you don't take them off every once in awhile and clean them so salt doesn't eat the paint away or If we drill holes on your truck, the paint will be damaged and will cause blah, blah blah
Do you understand Tom what I'm getting at??? They, the dealer, never told me these were not a Dodge product and that Dodge would not warranty them if anything went wrong.
I would like to know why dealerships sell these things and why Dodge lets them.(the wheel well trims that are not mopar) Dale

I absolutely do, and you absolutely have a legitimate complaint. My only point here is, your remedy lies with this dealership. You shouldn't expect, nor will you get, any assistance from DC Corporate, since your problem was caused by the installation of non-factory-approved parts. I'm not saying it's right - I'm just saying that's how it is.

Because they can make a quick buck.

Again - you're under the misconception that the dealership is run by DC. They are not. They are an independent business entity that is in a contractual relationship with DC to sell and service their products. Any activities that they engage in, or any products they sell, not covered by that contract are their responsibility, and theirs alone.
On 8/11/05 5:24 AM, in article SzGKe.4051$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, "Tom Lawrence"

Thanks everyone for your replys. I learnt a good lesson, kinga like buyer beware of what you do to your truck. Next time I will ask if its ok and get it in writing, before I add something Dale
TehBoner wrote:

Nothing more to say after reading that they were not Dodge parts?
On 8/9/05 11:59 PM, in article ddc4ul$fkl$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org, "Boxed"

Yes, but they still sell them and install them.
Dale Yonz wrote:

Then "they" represent the manufacturer of the trim, which should have come with stainless screws, sealant, and instructions.
I can buy a cheap watch, a baseball cap, sunglasses, and die-cast toys at my local Dodge parts store too. "They" sell them.
On 8/10/05 10:56 PM, in article ddelj7$qqs$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org, "Sparkle"

The screws weren't stainless steel, they had philips heads and were all rusted
As far as cheap dodge caps and toys, they sure as hell ain't cheap, maybe made cheap, but not cheap in price :)))

idiot
It really doesn't matter. They are an official representative of the manufacturer and were the ones who installed them. DC at the least should force this dealership to make the repairs, even at the dealerships cost. To simply dismiss it like they did shows their more concerned about a few more dollars over customer loyalty and if that is what they want....

On 8/8/05 7:18 AM, in article PYIJe.2487$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net, "Tom Lawrence"

No one Tom, just telling you what's happening.
Like I said, the Ford was a lot better riding truck, had more room (talking about a F250 crewcab Lariat, I have a Laraime 2500).
The rear flaps on my dakota made the wheel wells rust.The flap on the driver side fell off early on two years later the well on the passenger side was almost rusted thru the drivers side had no rust seems the flap caused more water & road salt spray to rust the well.Your better off without the flaps JMHO DAK 94