Need Help With Gas Gauge 86 / B250

     Have and 1986 B250 full size van. Put in new tank - new sending unit. Now it does not register on the dash gauge. I checked the ground and
power going into the sending unit When I check for power the test light blinks steady. Is the steady blink what I'm suppose to be reading. If it is, it looks like I may have a bad sending unit. Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.
Warren