OT- a deal that shouldn't be passed up

Page 3 of 8

Yea, you would like people to believe that but we both know the truth, that is that you are just desperate to start trouble with someone and I sadly accidently gave you the oppertunity.

You really should not look in the mirror when you type these replies. It is obvious that you are getting confused as to who you are talking to and about.

Here we go.

I made no insulting remark at all. I called you Mr. Religion, big deal and apologized for it too, BTW. And if you really have those beliefs as you claim, please justify how they allow you to belittle somebody the way you did with no provocation at all. You can try and hide your shame by calling your low class post a joke but saying that someone that you don't even know isn't worth 2 pigs and a rat is no joke. Why did you pick those animals Budd, because they are associated with dirt and filth perhaps? What other things do you see that way, perhaps the Democratic party? As for it being political, that would be you. I would have responded the same way had you said something similar about Bush's daughters, there was nothing political about it.

You really need to take a dose of reality. Please show me exactly where I was the one to make this political. You were the one who accused me of viciously defending the left and taking the word Democreep offensively but made no mention of the asshole on the right who started it to begin with. Why is that Budd? Oh, that's right, anything said against the left is fair game according to you regardless of what it is. As for me making it look like political bashing, more BS from you. I didn't mention anything political to you at all until you accused me of being upset about a distorted name which made me wonder what your true motivation for the post was and BTW, you have yet to answer. Not all of the others came in after the political crap as one of them actually started it.

If it makes you feel better to think this, knock yourself out but we both know the truth.

I didn't say that you can't be, I said that you choose not to be so the only one denying you is you.

You do realize how stupid this sounds, don't you? Please show me exactly where I started the political stuff in here if you can.

No reason? Any attack on another person, be it veiled humor or not, is out of character for an avowed "Christian fundamentalist".

That was the point I was trying to get across before he started whining and crying about some lame attack. But I guess that in his mind, with her being a Democrat or even the daughter of some, she doesn't deserve the respect of even a common farm animal, never mind a person.

John Kunkel wrote:

So are you another "Christian Fundamentalist" or are you just attempting to pass judgement based on some other belief of yours?

Christian brainwashing was attempted but failed, my status as a card-carrying atheist with some Biblical knowledge qualifies me to comment on obvious hypocrisy among avowed Christians.
John Kunkel wrote:

It's not about whether you agree or disagree with someones views. It's your feable attempt to say how someone else should or shouldn't act. Qualified to say how someone else should behave based on your own views? lol. Thats some funny stuff!

It ain't my "own views", it's written in the book that Christians supposedly lead their lives by.
John Kunkel wrote:

Again I ask, do all those who worship the bible lead their lives exactly the same? Obviously you have one interpretation of the Bible and believe all Christians are supposed to adhere to that belief.
John Kunkel wrote:

Wrong, John. It's your blind, unbelieving interpretation of selected verses that you manipulate out of context to try and destroy Christian beliefs and the credibility of the Bible, a book YOU REJECTED.
And all your doing is showing you don't know as much as you think.
Or did you miss the verse, " THOU FOOL!!! Take the beam from Thine own eye before you remove the splinter from thy brother's."
Get right with Jesus then you can "correct" me.
Budd
John Kunkel wrote:

Oh, I see. John, the hypocrisy is only obvious to you because you don't know as much as you think you know.
Jesus said He came to set a Sword, His followers. He said He would set brother against brother. He taught that those that think they know all the answers would find that they know less than they thought they did.
He drove out the money changers . . .Jews, btw, and at one point told the Disciples to sell what they had and buy a sword for their journeys.
He ridiculed and insulted the religious leaders ( Thou fools! You vipers, hypocrites! have you never read . . .?).
And the word "Christian" means to "be like Jesus". So if I insult you to make a point, or ridicule you or don't go around like a little sterotypical, pacifistic sheep, afraid of his own shadow, then I am also being like Jesus.
Budd
John Kunkel wrote:

And what makes you the expert?
Budd
Budd Cochran wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. How would a non "Christian fundementalist" be able to tell how they are supposed to behave? Too funny.
This really has to be just about the dumbest thing to come out of you yet. You have to be something to know how they are supposed to behave??? Too funny.
"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message

A "Christian fundamentalist" is at best a contradiction. Fundamentalists believe God needs their help - he is incapable of handling things on this earth without the superior knowlege he has imparted on the "Christian Fundamentalist". The fundamentalist also does not believe in GRACE.
Take the "fundamentalist" out, and the Christian lets God be God. The Christian knows he's not perfect, but trusts God's GRACE.
clare wrote:

Really?
And you know this how? It's not in my Bible.

My God is always God.

Yes, that is correct, and all the fundamentalists I've ever met agree with that.
Being a fundamentalist is accepting the Scriptures as written, believing that no one is worthy of Heaven on their own works and that only the Blood of the Perfect Lamb of God cleanses us of our Sin and makes us acceptable to God.
Budd
Well, Tom, since _you_ don't know how a Christian fundamentalist is supposed to behave, someone needs to teach you.
Contrary to what the left thinks, we're not all in some stereotypical mold.
Budd
TBone wrote:

If you are an example with the way you have been acting recently, I would prefer not to know. My sister and a few of my friends are Born Again Christians and while none of them are perfect all of the time (after all, they are still human), they do not try and justify or deny all of their faults and mistakes like you seem to be doing. I asked you many times what your motivation was for starting this post and I'm still waiting for a valid answer.

Here we go with the left again. Is that all you can think about. The first thing you really need to do to be closer to God is to get rid of all that hatred you seem to have. Not all the worlds problems are due to the left and your constant indicating that they are just makes you look hateful and ignorant.

TBone wrote:

What good does it do to tell you when you refuse the truth? It was just a joke. I thought it was funny, your opinion is just that an opinion. When you make remarks about a persons beliefs on it in a judgemental way (which you did by saying it wasn't Christian of me), you go beyond opinion.
As for whether or not I am justifing anything, you are no one to talk as you justify everything.
As for admitting mistakes, there are many mistakes and such that you've never admitted to. Clean your own stoop before you try to clean mine.
Who gave you the authority to judge me? Not God (Judge not lest ye be judged), not me (I'd rather be judged by God) and not any laws.

Hatred, Tom??? Who blames all the U.S.A 's ill entirely on the Republicans, conservatives, and the Moral Majority? Who is constantly singling out the non-stereotypical fundamentalist in the group to correct and chastise? Who looked at a simple joke on a FAMOUS PERSON as a insult because that person is a Democrat (Is she? I really don't know or care)?
Now, Tom, substitute the words, "right", "conservative" and Republican for "left", the word "me" for "you" and "my" for "your" in your last sentence.
Now you have the sentence as it applies to you.
Enough already, Tom. Grow up.
Understand it was meant as a joke, and that I will pick on anyone and everyone I choose regardless of fame, fortune, religion or political affiliation. Understand that I don't care if it fits your idea of how a stereotypical Christian is supposed to act as it's not your place to judge any Christians, not even me. Understand that it's not your authority or responsibility to decide what is or is not funny in this world.
And finally understand that just like each and everyone of us you are one out of a few billion specks infesting this planet and that just like just about any other speck, your opinon will not get you a cup of coffee anywhere.
Budd

Your truth? Truth is provable, your beliefs are without a scintilla of proof.

I thought it was funny, too, but I don't profess to follow the teachings of a religion that looks down on such behavior.

The Bible is laced with proof that your comments were un-Christian, no opinion, simple fact and atypical.

Wasn't your ridicule of Ms. Clinton a form of "judgement"? You don't even recognize the depth of your own hypocrisy.

And in doing so you will be in violation of the tenets you claim to embrace.

So says you. It's not any one individual's "idea" of how a Christian is supposed to behave, it's written in your "Good Book" for all to read. Picking-and-choosing those parts of a religion one will adhere to and which will be ignored is the height of hypocrisy.
John Kunkel wrote:

So everyone that reads the bible and practices Christianity believes the same way? The way YOU believe they should live?