OT-Tolerance

Page 1 of 8
Ok, since this seems to the real issue, let's look at it. . . .
I hold the view and belief in the literal interpretation of the Bible and it is the inerrant and inspired Word of God and this is the right view to have.
All other views are wrong.
Will you tolerate my view?
--
Budd Cochran

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 19:05:44 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:>Ok, since this seems to the real issue, let's look at it. . . .

i will. if you will tolerate mine. i pretty much believe the oppsosite of you. i believe that God also believes the opposite of what you just wrote.
on the other hand, i am willing to say that it is a private discussion between God and me. are you? in other words, can you just keep your opinions regarding God to yourself? can you stop being a soldier of the far right christian fundamentalists, at least on this ng? or, iow, can you just go see a doctor and get some meds to settle you down?

Thinking about this for about 5 seconds. I think we are due for the old "I am leaving, 'cause everybody picks on me" routine. I may be wrong, but we have been here before.
Roy

And as sure dieing and paying taxes he always finds his way back here.
beekeep

and
"I
Yep, as soon as the other groups he subscribes to get tired of listening to his crap and the weather is not good enough for him to go out fishing, he comes back.

TBone wrote:

I don't think he posts crap for the most part. Has good info on "the old Dodges" and seems to have been of help to some coming here in the past.
Seems everyone of the regulars here have some sort of non-relevant topic they like to bring up time and time again, even if only as jokes (Wabbits and leather seats come to mind).
The religious stuff seems to be a recent addition to Budd's contributions here. Has he seen God? Been close to the "other side" after yet another body part failure?
Don't know, but it doesn't really get me too riled. Given the amount of back-biting that has always been a part of this group, seems some religious proselytizing shouldn't be too hard to put up with given some of the other discussions zinging back and forth around here in the past!
SMH

Don't know if he still does but one group had a thread entitled "Budds rant's"

Agreed.
Jokes and one liners are the norm here.
To compare that to the stuff that Budd has been posting is a hell of a stretch. Have to as have you read his stuff over the past month?

Don't know, don't care. Everybody has issues at one time or another. Most deal with them and move on. None has come to the level of behavior that he has.

Some that is well intended. But the crap and the manner of his recent post's are nothing but BS and trolling. Doing so, one should expect the response recieved thus far.
Bottom line imho, is that his family hopefully reads his post's and take's him to the doc to get his med's balanced or changed.
Roy

Roy wrote:

I'm more a lurker these days with large periods of time between reads, so I haven't been bombarded by Budd's stuff, but I do see what he writes and was a bit curious why he suddenly has become such a zealot. I never recall him being that way before his "second coming" (or is it his third or fourth?).
In general, I'm fairly tolerant of wide ranges of opinion but when it does reach aggravation levels, I just bail out of thread.
Newgroup postings aren't worth getting all worked up over!
Starting to think of a big snow year for your plowing?
My sister works for a ski chain merchandiser and is already praying for a big snow year all over the country! If she had her way, it would be snowing already in Florida!
I figure you plow guys probably aren't much different!
SMH

Don't have a clue what's up with him. Probably his fourth.

No plowing anymore. Was going to but messed up my shoulder in Sept. The doc's are trying to figure out what they are going to do. Cat scan in the morning so that should give a direction. Planning on being in Fl. by the spring so will have no need to the truck, hopefully it will be gone by the weekend. Bought a Charger SRT 8 to replace it.

No! Please no snow in Florida

Denny has been doing a snow dance for a month.
Roy

So you set conditions? Not the tolerance you demand of me, is it?
--
Budd Cochran

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:55:00 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:>So you set conditions? Not the tolerance you demand of me, is it?

actually i demand nothing of you. i hope that you learn some dignity and some grace, but i hope that for your sake not mine. you aren't my problem, you are your own.

Are you willing to tolerate any one elses?
EPHESIANS 4:1-6
--
----------------------------
-Chris

ok, fine. your not going to change anyone's mind with a hostile attitude about it though. you know the old saying, you catch more flies with honey than vinagar.

i have been as gentle and patient as i know to be with you. trust me i could be much harsher.
now, speaking of following one's own advice and verses. ive posted to you on this matter a number of times. and i am through.
may God be with you in your journey.

Budd Cochran wrote:

People here will not tolerate you telling them they are wrong for their beliefs. It works both ways Budd. If you dish it, expect it back. You need to start tolerating people who do not believe the same as you. I have repeatedly stated I do not feel you are wrong for your beliefs. But you have told me I am wrong, am going to hell, and so on. Get off your soapbox and start respecting others if you expect the same back.
Budd, at this even I would have to say that you have crossed a line.
How you feel, how you think, how you wish to worship, how you wish to live and base your life on your views of the written word is all fine for you, the misses, and whom ever else wishes to live that way. These are ONLY right for those that share the same beliefs as you, and incase it hasn't been made clear yet, not everyone does.
BUT, for you to say that view other then yours is wrong and is going too far.
This is not merely a matter or issue of tolerance. I think that EVERYONE has been tolerant until it has been rammed down their throats, and I am sorry to say that with this post specifically this line, "All other views are wrong." that is exactly what you have done.
This right here is the EXACT reason I have denounced my Roman Catholic up bringing. I am a man, with a mind and with the ability to think, act, and judge for myself.
So, I have to ask why are you hell bent on "converting" everyone to your way of life?
I am sorry my friend, but this is how I feel.

and
As my daddy used to say. "Never discuss politics or religion in public. You will only end up in a fight." Not that there is anything wrong with a fight:)
Al

Everybody is and has been honest with you. You won't accept honesty