OT-Tolerance

Page 3 of 8
Budd Cochran wrote:

it
have.
Yes -- up to the point where it adversely affects other(s).
Why are "christians" all the time forgetting judge not lest ye be judged? That seems pretty literal to me and yet at the same time they are professing literal interpretation of the bible (wonder which one bud chooses to take his literal interpretation from) they are judging others in the next breath. Go figure..........

)

Why are non-Christians thinking that applies to them? It doesn't. Christians don't judge other Christians, but are allowed to mention errors in beliefs.

No need, the 1611 King james Version, and if you are not a christian, God has already judged you, but will pardon your crimes if you seek Him.
--
Budd Cochran

Now does that make any sense? Be an ax murderer all of your life and then say you believe in God and accept Christ as your savior the last day of your life and be forgiven ans accepted into heaven?
Like Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true."
beekeep
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:00:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

well............not trying to offend anyone here, but a thought............it makes a lot of sense in a western society that would rather be given salvation than to have to earn it. for a society that has instant everything, i guess you can have instant salvation too.

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:18:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

And you CAN.

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:44:05 -0500, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

how sad.

beekeep wrote:

So much of religion is interpretation.
My interpretation of "ask forgiveness" is to *do something about* those acts that may require forgiveness.
It's not good enough to simply say, "I'm sorry". You have to do something about it. If you're an axe murderer, you need to stop murdering and take steps in order to redeem yourself. That effort is supposed to be what gains your forgiveness.
I think this is one of the main differences between religion and modern secularism that determines morality more as "social responsibly".
A Godless society can get away passing the buck claiming one's axe murdering tendencies are due to a father that didn't love one enough or because one grew up in a poverty, crime ridden neighborhood.
Religion says *you* are at fault and redemption means *you* have to do something about your condition to make it right.
At least that's my take on the meaning of forgiveness and redemption!
SMH
It's funny how everyone wants to put conditions on tolerance when it comes to what _I_ believe.
That is not tolerance.
--
Budd Cochran

You have become a troll!!!
Maybe if we don't feed him he will shut up about his beliefs
"Rammed??? I give up. no one here has the guts to take the responsibility for what they have done to me over my beliefs. "
Budd, honestly -- that's a little over the top. At the end of the day, it's just words on a screen read and written by fat losers with too much time on their hands.
Jon
Since someone else referenced Ben Franklin: "The worst wheel of a cart makes the most noise."
Budd Cochran wrote:

What conditions? You mean about wanting you to have tolerance and respect for others if you expect the same in return? You've already stated that doing so is against your religion. So be it.

Sure, but its obvious you won't tolerate any other view....
"All other views are wrong."
Your intolerance is shown in your request for tolerance. Nuff said.
--
Max

Thank you for your honesty.
--
Budd Cochran

Sure, but its obvious you won't tolerate any other view....
"All other views are wrong."
Your intolerance is shown in your request for tolerance. Nuff said.
--
Max

If you actually read the Bible cover to cover, then I think you might change your mind.

If you read it as something besides a history book you would too.
--
Budd Cochran

Your wrong, Budd; I have read it cover to cover. Have you? I know you haven't. If you did then you wouldn't make the statement that you believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Actually read, then come back and talk to me.

Only if you SHUT THE FUCK UP.
beekeep
No conditions, Greg, either accept me and my beliefs or not.
Just don't brag on your tolerance anymore.
I, at least, don't brag on being tolerant.
--
Budd Cochran