Star Nuts, and Tailgates

I was all excited to put the finishing touches on my 98 Ram rehab by replacing some rusted out broken tailgate cables. Got some nice new ones, and as I was about to toss em on, realized there is a wierd kind
of wrench I'll need to turn the bolts that the cables are tied to.
Some kinda wierd Star type screw.
Will I be able to get a wrench to turn this thing at an Autozone ? Or is that Dodge's way of making sure you bring it to the dealer...I'll beg my dealership if I have to...It'll take 30 seconds of tool borrowing to get this stupid job done.

Those are Torx screws - pick up a set of Torx screwdrivers at any auto parts store. You can get a whole set of Torx bits (the kind that fit a universal screwdriver) for a few dollars.

Nice. Thanks Tom.

IIRC those are a T45 or T50 size Torx. But like Tom said, I you just pick up a set of them. I got a set ranging from T8 to T55 with socket/ ratchet adaptors from Checkers for about 10 bucks.

Yeah Checkers helped me out. It was a quick fix. Only problem was the cables are just slightly too short, so my tailgate doesn't lay flat. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for cheapy online replacement parts...