tires

Any one have any experience using Yokohama tires, specifically the Geolander AT+ II's? I'm looking to get a new set for my 96 Ram CC 5.9L 4x2.
I do mostly on road driving but like the option of A/T tires when it
snows or if I have to go off the road.
I am currently running on a set of Cooper Vipers that served me very well over the last 50k miles and it turns out they are no longer made.
I like the Wranglers by goodyear but they typically wear out fast (in my own experience i had eagles on a car and they wore down quickly and the wranger RT/S on the Ram wore down in about 40k). The cooper Vipers were great better ratings then the goodyears and looked better too.
What kind of tires have you been riding on.
Any suggestions/recommendations?
Again I have a 2 wheel drive 96 Ram 1500 CC w/ the 5.9 and drive mostly street in NJ
Thanks

I would stay with a US made tire if it were me. Sooner or later, we will all regret the money we sent overseas when our jobs and country disappear. BTW, the Goodyear RT/S on my '97 BR 2wd lasted 60K with regular tire rotations.
Mike

In alt.autos.dodge.trucks , Mike Simmons wrote :

Good Gawd, you protectionist yanks don't want to buy anything that isn't 'merican made but you expect the rest of the world to buy your products ? Get a grip. ron
Suddenly, without warning, Ron exclaimed (5/6/2005 12:03 AM):

Reading some into it, aren't you. He didn't say anything about the rest of the world. I tend to agree about buying "made in America" - as opposed to American brands which may or may not be made in the US (when I have a choice), as long as the quality is the same or better than the foreign version.
jmc
Ron wrote:

It'as just an opinion, man. You get over it.
Jeff
raminator96 wrote:

I have been running Yokohama Geolander H/T-S tires for about 9000 miles now and I cannot say enough good things about them. They are quiet on road and still have a good aggressive design, well good enough for my 4x2. They have held up well and do not show any signs of wear around the edges like previous Wranglers have. Wet weather and snow traction both seem very good, as does dry pavement. Best thing, I caught them on sale for about $80 each at TireRack.com. That is a great deal for light truck tires! They are now running about $105 a tire over there, the ones you mentioned are about the same.
I will probably stick with Yokohama tires the next time my truck is due, I have been that happy with them.
Rob