Warranty question

First of all, I know I could call a dealer but ever since I started purchasing new vehicles waaaaaay back in 1966 I have only taken one back to a dealer and was not impressed that time thus dealers are not my first choice.

I have a 2005 Dodge Dakota that is only about 28 months old and has ~30k miles on it and the leather driver's side front seat is staring to rip. Is something like this covered by warranty or is it just considered normal wear and tear?

Cheers,

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Should be covered by the bumper to bumper warranty, it was on my

95 Dakota.

Normal wear and tear applies to things that wear like brakes and tires.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Depends on why it tore and thats an issue you have to argue. If it's a seam you'll have a better chance.

Reply to
Miles

Actually, it is right where my butt rubs when I get in. Now what do you think?

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

It is imparitive that you post pictures of the tear and the butt... That way we can do a quality analysis!

Bottom line is (as already said) you'll hvae to try. You get only one try in today's world so pick a dealer that you think will look kindly on your claim, because if one dealer denies it, and you go to another dealer, that original denial will come up on the computer!

Of course you could appeal a denial of warranty to DC, but I'd guess you have a slim to none chance of success there!

Reply to
PeterD

It always helps to have a good relationship with the service manager. Need to talk directly to the manager and not a service ticket writer. I've had several things fixed long past warranty because I got to know the manager on a 1st name basis. Every time I stop by even for an oil change I make it a point to stop in their office and say hi. It helps!

Reply to
miles

Can't hurt...

Reply to