2005 hubcaps

Cruising along at about 35 miles (50km) an hour in town I heard a rare scraping noise when I slowed down for a red light.
To my utter dismay I saw one of my hubcaps passing me....
Immediately followed by a another oncoming truck smashing it to pieces.
I checked the other three remaining hubcaps on my new 2005 Taurus SE (picked it up yesterday) and I found another two that are really loose on the steel rims.
Better to be safe than sorry I took those off too, didn't need to pull at all.
Just wondering if anyone had experienced this with a new 04/05 model?
Aldert E. van der Laan opined in

Hope you recovered it and went right back to dealer... he should provide a new one.