A solution?

We can hope for this group to become the friendly and informative forum that it used to be some time ago, while doing nothing and watching one valuable
contributor after another being chased away. Or we can find a couple good souls who would agree to moderate it. Not an ideal solution, because it slows the process down a bit and makes it dependent upon the good will and dedication of the moderator(s). Here is a link to how it might work: http://www.swcp.com/%7edmckeon/mod-faq.html
Another model is moving the grop from the ancient usenet mechanism to a more sophisticated web-based service. The thriving CVN forum might provide a good example: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat (check the 4.6L Technical Talk area in particular)
Again, a dedicated moderator is essential.
Any opinions?

I second this. Ignoring the troll is the best solution.

Me too.
Thanks.
--
Today's fortune: