Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That would handle the issue that the factory type CD players in stall in the BACK of the car (left wheel well in my 99 wagon)
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Aftermarket CD Player in 99 Taurus Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Thu, Jan 4, 2007, 1:05am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
I'm looking to get some sort of aftermarket CD player with an AUX input for my 99 Taurus, and I'm scoping the options at my local Best Buy. I'm concerned, though, with how they're going to fit a rectangular CD player into the curvy, ovalish console* of my car. The guy at BB (who seemed to know his stuff) told me that they replace the console cover with one that is designed for the new stereo, so it lies flush with the car. Does anyone have experience with BB or others doing audio installations on the late-90s Tauruses and Sables? How does yours look? If anyone has pictures, I'd be curious to see them. *I think that this is what it is called. I'm talking about the part that the radio is in, that has the climate controls and knobs below it. Excuse my ignorance. Thanks in advance - Daniel Seattle, WA <<<<<<<<<<<<<
I had similar done to my '99. New aftermarket oval face plate & new head end Pioneer radio/CD player unit. Took a bit of cutting of the recess behind the face pate to get the unit in & the faceplate had to be put in with the manual climate controls at the top and radio/cd player on the bottom. Made a world of difference in the sound even with the four factory speakers over the OEM head end unit.
Eric