99 takoma cd player

Not expert on the newer yota radios but on older ones (96 back). Most of the radios had a round 15 pin plug to add either the add on indash single or multiple (3 or 6 CD players) or the remote 6 CD changer. If you want to take face plste off - the radio has to come out of dash - and there are maybe 608 plastic clips that have to be depress (and butttons removed) to get face plate off. I did it once to replace the dial bulb (Radio Shack had them). Only other caution on combo radios - if you look at one check the plug in the back to see if it matches what is in your truck. The older ones normally had 2 rectangular plug --- newer ones seem to have a single bigger one. The anti-theft ones have one plug and REQUIRE the add on amplifier to even work - and ya need the code if it was set.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I just got this truck it has a cass player I would like to put in a cd player oem used but I do not know what part no. will fit .I can find a lot but they all tell me to make shore. my model is a56409 I would not mind putting in a hole new used am/fm cass cd player if I can find part no. or model no. what else should I look out for with this truck 85000 miles new timing belt just put on, how do I get the face plate off the radio Ben Ryer

Reply to
benryer