Diesel Focus, VW TDI Engine in a Ford Ranger?

A couple years ago I read a press release from Ford that said something about them testing out some Diesel Focus's... did that ever happen?
I'm looking for a diesel car that has more room than what Volkswagen
offers, but less gas guzzling power than the big trucks and vans. If ford makes a smaller diesel engine I'd love to get one...
I noticed that the Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI is roughly the same weight and has roughly the same hood as a Ford Ranger... I was wondering if it would be possible to put a TDI Diesel engine into that? I know people are having decent success putting the TDIs into Jeeps and even a couple Astro Vans.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
--
matthew w. russell
http://amphibio.us
matthew russell wrote:

Yes. Ford has been selling a diesel Focus for years.
Check out alt.autos.ford.focus.
Check http://www.ford.co.uk /
Johan