does Tarus Wagon rear window open?

Hi,
Bought a '99 and was never told if/how the rear window opens (hatch works fine). It appears that it should, but turning the key in the lock either way doesn't seem to release it. I don't have a manual, so
thought I'd just ask here before persuing further.
Thanks for your help!!!
Norm

You can download PDF versions of the manuals for Ford, Mercury and Lincoln vehicles from 1996 and newer from: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp Right-click on the PDF file link and rename the file before downloading because the site calls all downloads "myfile.pdf" which could overwrite an earlier download.
--
Earl F. Parrish

On Mon, 23 May 2005 03:10:22 GMT, "Earl F. Parrish"
~
~ ~> Hi, ~> ~> Bought a '99 and was never told if/how the rear window opens ~> (hatch ~> works fine). It appears that it should, but turning the key in the ~> lock either way doesn't seem to release it. I don't have a manual, ~> so ~> thought I'd just ask here before persuing further. ~> ~> Thanks for your help!!! ~> ~> Norm ~ ~You can download PDF versions of the manuals for Ford, Mercury and ~Lincoln vehicles from 1996 and newer from: ~https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp ~Right-click on the PDF file link and rename the file before ~downloading because the site calls all downloads "myfile.pdf" which ~could overwrite an earlier download.
Wow! Thanks a lot -- d/l'd it already, and found the particular info.
Thanks again!
Norm
Just in case anyone else needs to know...
You can open the entire liftgate or just the liftgate window. To open the entire liftgate, pull the release handle hidden under the exterior trim panel just above the license plate. You must lock the liftgate with the key or power lock control; it does not lock automatically. The window locks when the liftgate is locked. To open the window, make sure the liftgate and window are unlocked, then press the outside lock cylinder. The window can only be opened from the outside. To prevent any damage to the liftgate and window, close them completely before driving.