Door open alarm oddity

I have another question about the '95 winstar. It does a very odd electrical thing. At times it will insist there is a door open and the beeper will sound until the vehicle reaches a certain speed. The beeping
noise does also appear to be tied to whether the headlights are on or not. Other times the dome lights will not go off, regardless of what I do with the doors. I don't know if this is all one problem or several but I am curious if this is a common problem or not. Thanks
Matt
get a can of penetrating oil. open the doors. spray inside the door latch assembly liberally with the penetrating oil, and then open and close the door 5-6 times. repeat the oil-open close procedure. do this to each door. it will clean the door ajar switch contacts in the latch.

Adding to what Tom posted... on the Windstars, the "usual" culprit is the liftgate switches... yes, there are two of them - one at each latch.

hmmmm. forgot about them. thanks, ya top posting brother from another mother.

So are the switches on the gate in the latches or are they those little slide thingies below the latches? Thanks
Matt