Escort 1.4i `96

Hi, I am from croatia, and I become an owner of Ford Escort 1.4, made in 96. How much gas this car is taking at 100 km, and I have problems with ABS, it
just start to work sometimes when I pus brake pedal just a little...I hate this car. It`s taking 8 to 10 liters of gas on 100 km, approx Is this normal?! p.s. I am not fast driver.... sorry for my bad english -- Kristijan

96.
it
i work in miles per gallon so im not sure about litres but the fuel comsumption sounds about right to me. the abs - it could be one of the sensors that needs cleaning