Ford Fiesta 1996

How do I open the goddammed bonnet??

unmissable bright orange handle on the underneath of the steering column
pottsy

Thanks, pottsy.
but it's only 'umissable' if you have eyes in your..**** and transparent trousers, or you have the flexibility to get right down there. I don't have any of those advantages.

hiya,
ford used this on the escort and sierra as well and like you said, it ain't where you'd expect. sorry if you thought I was having a go at yer.
pottsy

It's ok I wasn't reacting to you - more like I was having a go at Ford (and even more, the guy who sold me the car with no driver's manual).
All's well now though and thanks again.

What the hell is a Bonnet?

Bonnet = Hood