How much?

How much would anyone expect to pay in labor to replace a water pump and serpentine belt on a 96 ford t-bird? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
cardumb

how deep is your wallet? the fact that u drive a high price pos means ya pay double

hurc ast

Reply to
mustrang888_8

I have not replaced a water pump in years but my old 85 cutlass used to run alround $150.00 back in ther early 90's The belt is probably $35.00 installed.

Reply to
kabinnnn

why on earth would u quote a gm product when he has a ford that is helpful lmfao

U GO GIRL

do they usae the same plugs too??/

hurc ast

Reply to
mustrang888_8

Quite simply, I would pay what the signs says their hourly rate is. Generally, 60 minutes or less is the same price. 70 minutes is the same as 120 minutes. You'll also find shops use a schedule which sets the times. For example: it might say that it will take 1 hr to remove the old, and one hour to install the new. That's two hours labor.

Or it might say it takes 1.5 hors to replace the old pump with a new pump, plus 20 minutes to refill the radiator, plus 20 minutes to install the belt.

labor for each being billed separately comes to a total 4 hours (remember a fraction of an hour is billed as an hour so 1.5 hours equals 2 hours charged).

These are just ways I have seen it worked in a lot of places. So I asked once why I got billed so much when two of the jobs were being done at the same time (the oil was being drained and while that was being done, the mechanic was working on a brake line. Both were completed at nearly the same time, so how could I be billed twice as much time. The mechanic pulled up their schedule on his computer. Two jobs, each billed as a single job with 1 hour each. And I was actually out of the place in under an hour. So, I checked around and other shops did it the same way.

This may be someth>How much would anyone expect to pay in labor to replace a water pump and

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

The motor I had was a 305 V8 on an 85 Olds and this was years ago. I realizie that it is not relavent here. Sorry for the useless reply.

Reply to
kabinnnn

Your reply was far from useless. The only thing useless is the drivel that spews forth from the afore mentioned idiot.

Reply to
Reece Talley