How trim mirror glass?

I bought a replacment mirror glass for my van- looked like the right size but doesn't quite fit. It needs about 1/8" taken from 2 inside corners. Can this glass be cut, grinded or sanded without breaking?

says...

I haven't worked with mirrors, but I have done stained glass. Some thoughts- Take it to a glass dealer ask them to grind it for you. Take it to a hobby shop that does stained glass work, they use a glass grinder. Buy a glass grinding stone at a tool/home improvement store; you would have to do it manually, it looks like a grinding stone version of a file. In any case you would need to be careful about damaging the mirror coating.
--
I. Care

The glass companies use a belt sander, fine aluminum oxide wet-dry belt done wet, IIRC. But if it is tempered glass, you'll know it almost as soon as you start on it... (Kssssh!) :shock:
Try taking the glass back before you try modifying it - If you own it and that's final, then try sanding it down. But if you could take it back and you break it instead...
--<< Bruce >>--
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Thanks, I'll see if theres a glass shop around. The store wouldn't be happy to take it back since the box was mangled getting it out.