odor

My son had a quart carton of milk leak into the back seat area of his new car. Vacuumed as much as he could find and sprinkled baking soda where he could. Does anybody have any tips or tricks ?
Happy modeming, Bill
Dilution is the solution...........Dump water in the same area, work it in a little and then immediately vacuum it back up. Do it as much as you can. Let it air out and dry so no left over water causes rust. Works every time for me.
If the seat can come out, per repair manual or someone who has removed one, take it out and clean the carpet underneath, then spray the seat cushion and squeeze it out as much as you can. Try using a antibacterial soap diluted in water. If it is the scent of a woman (or man) and NOT milk, try vinegar and water. The back seat area tends to be used for alot of extra activities.

He brought the car to me yesterday and I removed the seats. I then cleaned the seats and carpet with a steam extraction upholstery carpet cleaning machine. I've looked everywhere for a wet pocket of milk but can't find it, although the smell is easing with the cleaning. It's not the kind of thing you want in a car that has less than three thousand miles on the clock.
Bill
new

he
berkshire bill opined in

NOt the kind of thing you want in a car with 300,000 on the clock... Yet it happens alla time.
Tell your Checkout clerk you want the milk in a plastic bag.
Put it on the floor
berkshire bill wrote:

If it gives you any comfort, I once drove my old Taurus through water so deep it came inside and soaked the carpets. After a few days it really stank. I used some foaming carpet cleaner on it, followed it up with some good smelling powder type carpet cleaner and after a few days with the windows open, the smell disappeared completely, never to return.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf