Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL

Page 5 of 8

I've talked to dealers service people and they tell me they have never fixed a sludged engine that has had the oil changed at the correct interval.
Of course I haven't talked to them all, but I've never heard from one that said they fixed a sludged engine with the proper oil changes.

The only reason I say dealer oil changes, is that I KNOW they were done.
I'd bet everything I have that your engines contain no sludge.
You change your oil.

You think this person changed their oil?
Inez of Lanett AL (03/13/07) My motor just quit. I knew that my oil changes were current, well, current enough not to warrant a blown motor. I could feel something the week before happening to my car, but wasn't sure.
--

Scott in Florida

Do yoiu really think they would tell you otherwise?

Whitelightning
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 02:48:16 GMT, "Whitelightning"

Absolutely!
Service people are not like service writers.
--

Scott in Florida

How would they know if the oil was changed regularly? Oh wait, I know - if the engine has sludge, the oil was not changed regularly...
Ed
Toyotas says what some in the Toyota NG choose to believe is incorrect. One of the reasons Toyota instituted the warranty extension on engine indicating "gelling" was it was turning up in engines serviced properly at dealerships. No manufacturer warrants for negligence. Do a search, WBMA
mike
> wrote:

Name one food you ate yesterday.

Breakfast: Oatmeal Lunch: Ham sandwich with lettuce and cheese, some baked rice snack chips, grapes Afternoon snack: Ched-Airs Dinner: At a local restaurant, sauteed perch, rice, steamed vegatables, Bass pale ale
What's your point?

Your food list is anecdotal, and therefore 100% invalid. If you disagree, explain why you disagree.

Wrong. I have a record of what I ate yesterday. Weight Watchers, you see.I'm down 23 pounds since January. Try again.

I have all the service records for my cars, including the ones I no longer own (don't ask why). Therefore, the information I provided about problems with my cars is absolutely, inarguably accurate.
Try again.

Never said it wasn't. You said "All evidence is anecdotal." All evidence is not anecdotal. Empirical evidence, for example, when you have a known control value and your are looking for a difference from that value in your observations, usually coupled with a measurable sample rate. Similar to "scientific method."
I'm done with you, you just want to argue for the sake of it.

My "all evidence" comment was meant as sarcasm. Unless you personally collect data, or you're present when an event occurs, it's reported to you by someone else whose data you cannot see. I made the comment because you (or someone else here) was beginning to sound like one of the 3 musketeers (dbu, splatt in florida, etc), who once said they don't read books because all authors have opinions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empirical
RCE wrote:

Anecdotal, ta' boot.
Rob (Not too far from Gleason Works)

How would you modify what I typed, but make it NOT anecdotal? Be very careful how you answer this question.
C. E. White wrote:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Toyota-Tundra-Recall:-New-Trucks-Brakes-Break&idG569
http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/09-int/2000/toyota/tundra/index.html
As if that/this means anything (Google results):
    Search for Ford AND truck AND recall: 1,220,000 results     Search for Toyota AND truck AND recall: 814,000 results     Search for Chevy AND truck AND recall: 801,000 results     Search for Dodge AND truck AND recall: 790,000 results
Dante

[snip]
[snip]
You must have missed my lecture on the valuelessness of "Google Hits" as a measure of anything.
Let's see, we'll do this by example:
Google "ed white" genius => 793 hits Google "ed white" moron => 5,480 hits
Well, Ed, the Google on you is in and I'm afraid the results are not good...

Actually I agree with this. I was just trying to make the point that there are lots of people who have complained about Tundras. Sometimes Toyota fans tend to think that all Toyotas are perfect.

This morning I got 802 hits for "ed white" genius. I guess I am gaining ground :)
Ed

[snip just one line]

And snipping that one line and posting a reply should also boost the ratio.
:-)