Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL

Page 6 of 8
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:00:55 -0400, "C. E. White"

I just did a goggle
Ed White Toyota Fan
and got 784,000 hits....
--

Scott in Florida

You really should do "Ed White" Toyota fan (111 hits), or "Ed White Toyota Fan" (0 hits). The quote marks are important.
Ed
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:46:53 -0400, "C. E. White"

LOL....I know....
Just jestin ya a bit...
--

Scott in Florida

The bait is stinky, sorry no bite on that bullshit sonny, try again........

Dummy, Your're supposed to drink the coffee not eat it!!!!!!!! (Just joking)/
DaveD

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:10:30 -0400, "C. E. White"

Ford knows what their trucks are worth....
It turns out Toyota is worth more if they sell for more.
People tend to buy the best tool for the job.
--

Scott in Florida

You are correct, people in the US know the best place to spend their hard earned money. That is why the F150 has been the best selling truck and the best selling vehicle, as well, for thirty years Ford sells more F series trucks alone than Toyota sell trucks and cars combined ;)
mike

You might want to talk to your doctor about the frequency with which you repeat yourself. Seriously.

It is necessary to repeat well known facts, since some folks in the NGs are slow learners and uninformed. They like to think Toyota has all the best sellers, when actually only the Camry is a best seller. ;)
mike

Isn't there anyone in the house to explain "embarrassing" to you?

I guess it's pointless for me to repeat myself also. Being a Toy mechanic, and I do mean Toy, for some time, I know for fact they are NO BETTER.

Other mechanics have opinions which differ from yours. Do they have complaints about Toyotas? Yes. Do they still think they're better? Also yes.

"DH" ...

*snipping rest*
Bwahahaha!
Natalie
Why? You tired of bringing you r POS to him.

In a perfect world than might be true. However, here in the real world it isn't, but you probably already knew that.
Ed

Y'know... I looked up F250 pricing on Edmunds and I was astonished to find that the V10 option was a mere $600.
I suppose I should presume that Ford knows what they're doing with option pricing but that seems awfully low. I can't help but think that they could make an extra $400 (or more profit) by marking up that V10 option a bit. I would expect someone looking at the fuel economy of a V10 can't be anywhere near as much price-sensitive as they are determined to get a LOT of power.
Do you think they're leaving money on the table or do you think that most V10 purchases are simply... "well, as long as you have one in stock and it's only a few hundred more..."?

It's like the difference between a V6 and a V8, it's not like you're buying two engines as in buying the smaller version and upgrading later. IMHO most buyers opt for the the diesel instead of the V10, take a look at that upcharge....

Actually, I think for most commercial truck buyer, the V-10 is not needed. Unless you are towing very heavy loads in hilly terrain, the 5.4L is more than adequate. And if you are towing very heavy loads in heavy terrain, you need the diesel.
Ed