What would you call this car part?

I can't even order a new one until I know its proper name. I have a 1999 Ford Contour. In the rear, by the trunk is a long strip of silver plastic which contains the Ford logo. It got broken in a car wash.
What's it called?
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:04:11 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

My copy of Alldata doesn't show body or trim items. Can you not take the old one to a Ford dealer (or even a body shop) and ask? They'd have the benefit of being able to actually see it.
trunk trim??

I believe you are talking about the trim at the top of the center reflector strip on the trunk lid. I looked through the on-line parts catalogs and can't seem to find that exact part. However, I believe if you talk to the parts person at a Ford dealer, they can figure out what you need. I would call it the rear reflector panel trim with the Ford Logo.
http://tinyurl.com/davfl3 - Rear Reflector Panel (trim not shown)
http://tinyurl.com/d8h8lq - trunk lid components
http://tinyurl.com/cj7ey8 - rear bumper components
http://tinyurl.com/dbfjpa - trunk logos
Ed

In the Ford parts catalog, under Exterior Moldings, it's called a "Rear Reflector - Type 9 - Ford oval", for the 1999 model year, part number F8RZ 8A223-AA.
Go to your Ford dealer.... they will have a picture with the base part number... you can look at the picture and cry "That's it!!!" while pointing your finger.
Word of caution.... common sense isn't... most of the worlds population would be right at home with the vanity plate "ID10T" .... Partsmen are few an far between.... people holding a partsmans job are everywhere...
There is no reason to complicate things.... when we do this, we introduce the opportunity to blame someone else for stuff that didn't need to happen....