water leak

Has anyone experiences any problems with water leaking onto the passenger side floor? i have gone to 2 dealerships and neither can find the problem. i believe the problem is coming from a drainage plug, buth the
water tests they have done never uncover the problem-any ideas? i keep on getting large puddles of water in the car
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:28:50 -0500, "shortgoalie"

Do you have a sunroof? check the drainage tube.
Is the screen bonding secure with no compromised sealing. Water can run along channels and wiring for some distance before it finally comes to rest in the foot well. That means that it is conceivable for water to manifest itself in the back foot well when the ingress is via the windscreen! Tiz a sod to locate!!!! (As you have found!!!)
Replacing the weather seals on the door fixed our flood problems...
--
Donald Gray
shortgoalie wrote:

Did you have the air cabin filter serviced? There have been many reports of this causing leaks.
Search google Groups for "Focus wet foot well" and "Focus pollen filter" and you will have lots of reading. Here is an instruction about fitting the pollen filter that may help to locate the appropriate parts: http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/cabinfilter.htm /per

A very common problem due to an improperly sealed access panel to the cabin air filter. Every Ford dealer should be aware of this problem. The access panel is in front of the windsheild on the passenger side.
-- Don
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain
Another possibility: if leaves have plugged the air conditioner drain, condensate water backs up and drips from under the dash, wetting the rug on the passenger side.

I will bet that it is coming from the cabin air filter place. I have never had or messed with the cabin air filter and a couple months ago discovered water on the passenger floor board. I live in the desert so is not a problem except for the past couple months with all the rain we have been having and now I am starting to get a mildew smell.
--
-Ray