Window switch problem

I have a ford focus 1.6 Zetec 2003 and have a problem with it. The wires running to the switch on the driver's door which operate the windows don't
seem to be carrying any power to the switch. I replaced the switch with a new one, but the problem's the same...'nothing doing, basically. I need to know where these wires to the switch actually come from. Can anyone suggest anything to help? A diagram would be good too.
Thanks. Joe.
I have the Haynes manual at home which I could scan the schematics....... if thats anygood?

suggest

The power comes via the ignition relay so you may not get any power unless you have the key in the ignition and turned a couple of clicks.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Scan of UK focus 2001 window circuit <http://www.amac.f2s.com/ford_window/index.htm