ZX3 MP3 player

I noticed the brochure mentions that the standard single CD player will do MP3. There is no mention of MP3 on 6-disk in dash player. Does anyone know of the 6 disk player will play MP3?

It won't. As of 2003 in the US there were three separate CD units available, the single CD/MP3 player, the in dash 6 disc changer and the standard CD player. The unit that plays MP3s is made for Ford by Blaupunkt. HTH Bob

snipped-for-privacy@cableprovider.com wrote:

Sony makes a 10-disk player that does MP3... I have one installed under the passenger seat in my 2001 ZX3 and it works fine. Total installed cost was about $250.
--
Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

there is NO SUCH THING AS 500$
its $500
Do it RIGHT or just DON'T DO IT
: > I noticed the brochure mentions that the standard single CD player : > will do MP3. There is no mention of MP3 on 6-disk in dash player. Does : > anyone know of the 6 disk player will play MP3? : :

I have the 2003 ford focus zx3... my problem is that when I'm listening to an MP3 disk, then I shut off the car... when I come back in and start the car, the song doesn't pick up where it left off... it goes to the beginning of the song... anyone else seeing that? Really annoying
as far as i can tell they all do that.. mine does it too...

Not a problem with my Sony 10-disc CD MP3 changer (under the passenger seat). Always resumes where I left off.
--
Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com
Charles Gillen -- Reston, Virginia, USA

Just so you know - you're not judge and jury here ...and QUIT SHOUTING AT EVERYONE as that's considered rude. Also practice a little tolerance of the newsgroup as it's an international group of people - some trying to write in English and it's not their first language. Not counting profanity how many languauges do you know ?? Linda (BTW - don't bother flaming me...I loved my 2000 wagon with 11 recalls and extra problems enough to buy a 2003 ZX5 and recommend a Focus to my brother and mother-in-law with the understanding they had growing pains in 2000.)
For that money you got a very expensive radio. I bought 3 years ago a black plastic panel that a put in the radio hole. Now the hole has a standard length so any radio will fit in. 3 years ago Kenwood started at first (for me) with mp3. So no more strange radio hole in car :)
I also believe there is instead of the black plastic thing a plastic thing with a "hole" so cd's or other tiny stuff can be put just under te radio.
good luck